Re: searching for characters via the hexidecimal value

From: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>
To: Geoffrey Myers <lists(at)serioustechnology(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: searching for characters via the hexidecimal value
Date: 2011-01-24 15:15:51
Lists: pgsql-general

yes, there is.

select <your columns> from <your table> where

<your_text_search_column> like '%'||chr(x'42'::int)||'%'

where '42' is your hexadecimal character value.

Be sure to read and understand everything you can find about encodings; and
make sure the hexadecimal value you are searching for is from the same
encoding.

Best wishes,

Harald

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 16:00, Geoffrey Myers
<lists(at)serioustechnology(dot)com>wrote:

> Is there a way to search for a character in the database by the hexidecimal
> value of that character?
>
> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
> the pretense of taking care of them."
> - Thomas Jefferson
>
> --

GHUM GmbH