Re: Maximum size for char or varchar with limit

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jasen Betts <jasen(at)xnet(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Maximum size for char or varchar with limit
Date: 2010-12-20 10:45:56
Lists: pgsql-general

2010/12/19 Jasen Betts <jasen(at)xnet(dot)co(dot)nz>

> I have some values of perhaps 20Mb that I might want to store samples
> of in a partitioned table. (so I can delete them easily) what's the right
> way?

20 Mbits or 20 MBytes?

how big samples?

answer to your question depends on what you want to do with these samples in
SQL.

if you could give more background information...

I guess I could just keep them as disk files and rotate the
> directories as I rotate partitions.

if only reason is "to store" - then files are probably best idea.

PS. why did you post a reply to this thread? It does not seem related