[Pljava-dev] Java 6: Copy code from the JDBC driver?

From: johann at myrkraverk(dot)com (Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Java 6: Copy code from the JDBC driver?
Date: 2010-10-06 23:33:07
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi pljava,

Glossary

JDBC Driver: The driver for Java client applications.
SPI Driver: The PL/Java internal JDBC driver.

The Java 6 JDBC API defines several new virtual methods. One of which
is Connection.createStruct(). The JDBC Driver throws in a roundabout
way an equivalent to

throw new SQLException( "Method SPIConnect.createStruct(String,
Object[]) is not yet implemented.", "0A000");

Using a utility class PSQLException and the constant "0A000" comes
from the static PSQLState object NOT_IMPLEMENTED.

Is it worthwhile to copy this code as-is from the JDBC driver or
should we implement our own "not implemented" exception code path,
such as using SQLFeatureNotSupportedException?

I'm inclined to the latter.

Johann