How to deal with field on the database that stores variable array's?

From: Andre Lopes <lopes80andre(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: postgresql Forums <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to deal with field on the database that stores variable array's?
Date: 2011-01-01 20:35:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I need to develop a database table that will aceept a variable array field.
My doubt is how to deal with updates on the
array field. How can I store the information of the array fields? There any
examples on the Internet on how to deal with
this subject?

What I mean with variable array is:

array(
'name' => 'Don',