Re: BUG: CEST FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "application_name"

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Milan Jaroš <milan(dot)jaros(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG: CEST FATAL: unrecognized configuration parameter "application_name"
Date: 2010-10-15 14:26:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

> They're harmless, but I'll bet you're not using the latest point
> release of the 8.2 server. It shouldn't give out that message.

A new feature was added in 9.0, to be able to specify an application
name. Because people using the 9.0 client lib might have problems when
connecting to an earlier version of the server, we back ported a patch
to earlier versions of the server that simply recognised the
application_name parameter as a valid parameter, but didn't actually
do anything with it. This was considered a bug fix under our release
policy. So if you install 8.2.18, this problem will go away, but it
probably isn't much of a problem anyway.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan