Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kelly Burkhart <kelly(dot)burkhart(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq sendQuery -- getResult not returning until all queries complete
Date: 2010-12-21 19:26:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Peter Geoghegan
<peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> You can't concurrently execute queries from within a single
> connection. Perhaps you should use multiple connections, while
> understanding the implications of having each operate within a
> separate snapshot.

OP is not suggesting that queries run concurrently, but asking why
result sets can't be popped off as the queries resolve. It's a good
question; it's probably either a bug in the database or the
documentation (if it does not turn out to be operator error).

Kelly, if you can produce small test case in C I'll double check it.

merlin