Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID

From: Andy Dale <andy(dot)dale(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Unable to determine what has a particular OID
Date: 2010-06-18 14:46:34
Lists: pgsql-general

> Try:
> SELECT oid,* from pg_database ;
>
> I suspect the relfilnode you are looking at is another database in the
> cluster.
>
> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com

Maybe I am possibly doing that. I did a du -h --max-depth=1 in the base/
within the data directory. This showed a single folder that contained ~34
GB. On performing a ls in this, it showed 2 oids/filenodes that had more
than 1 GB (multiple files with .<number> at the end). The large table I
mentioned in the original post was in this folder, so I assumed that the
rest of the files in the same directory belonged to the same DB.

Have I made an incorrect assumption ?