How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?

From: Roger Demetrescu <roger(dot)demetrescu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do I configure pgAdmin to ask for username when connecting to a server?
Date: 2011-03-22 12:14:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello all,

When registering a new server in pgAdmin, the field Username is
required. The problem is I have several databases in my servers, each
one with its own owner.
So, if I need to connect to customer1_db, I have to change the
properties of Username at the server configuration to 'customer1'.
When I need to connect to customer2_db, I have to change username to
'customer2', and so on...

Is there any way to force pgAdmin to ask for username AND password
just before I connect to the server? IMHO it is more practical than
the current approach I am forced to follow.

Maybe I am missing something here, so any advice would be very appreciated.

I am using pgAdmin 1.12.1 on Ubuntu.

TIA,

Roger