Re: joining one record according to max value

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: George Francis <gfrancis1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: joining one record according to max value
Date: 2011-01-12 23:05:38
Lists: pgsql-sql

There is probably a more elegant way, but this could help you.

select i.source_id, nm.name, i.mxscore from (
select sl.source_id, max(score) mxscore from source s
inner join sourcelevel sl on s.source_id = sl.source_id
inner join level l on sl.level_id = l.level_id
group by 1
) i
inner join (
select name, max(score) as mxs from level
group by 1
) nm on i.mxscore = nm.mxs