is it good to disable autovacuum and schedule routine vacuum process?

From: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: is it good to disable autovacuum and schedule routine vacuum process?
Date: 2011-01-04 05:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I am using Postgresql 9.0.1.
I want to know which one is good regarding VACUUM - Routine VACUUM manualy
or AutoVacuum.
Recently, I found in my production that some tables were not vacuumed for a
good period of time when the autovacuum was enabled and the DB was slow. I
vacuumed the DB manually and the performance was good.
Can anyone explain why this was happened and is it good to disable
autovacuum and schedule routine vacuum process?