Re: Compare two Data bases Structure

From: Isaac Dover <isaacdover(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compare two Data bases Structure
Date: 2011-02-24 22:51:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Select from information_schema.columns and full outer join it again on the
table and column names, then just look for nulls on either side. You'll need
to alias the left and right views differently. I'm assuming that the dbs are
next to each other in the same installation. Once the base query is working,
you can filter further on the column types. It's pretty simple as long as
you understand joins.