[Pljava-dev] Compilation with both JDK 5 and JDK 6

From: muhammad(dot)mansoor at enterprisedb(dot)com (Muhammad Mansoor)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Compilation with both JDK 5 and JDK 6
Date: 2010-06-16 21:06:23
Lists: pljava-dev

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Kris Jurka <books at ejurka.com> wrote:

> On 6/16/2010 1:35 PM, Muhammad Mansoor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The attached patch takes care of the following issues.
>>
>> 1. It adds PostgreSQL 9.0 support.
>>

> The code in CVS already supports postgresql 9.0. You need to create your
> patch from CVS, not from the 1.4.0 source release.

Sure I will do that.

> 2. It has the JDK support patch ( taken from /Petr Mich?lek original
>> patch/ )
>>

> Your patch has all the problems his does, tons of gratuitous whitespace
> changes. You should not be reformatting/re-indenting unrelated code.
>

> 3. It enables PLjava to be compiled with both JDK 5 and JDK 6.
>>

> It does not appear to do this. A quick search through the patch doesn't
> reveal any matches for JDBC4 or USE_JDK6.

These changes are there in the start of patch.

+ output := $(shell rm -rf
"src/java/pljava/org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc")
+
+ ifdef USE_JDK6
+ output := $(shell cp -rf
"src/java/pljava/org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc4"
"src/java/pljava/org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc")
+ else
+ output := $(shell cp -rf
"src/java/pljava/org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc3"
"src/java/pljava/org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc")
+ endif
+

I will make it more cleaner. Do you agree with the solution?

Thanks,

--
Syed Muhammad Mansoor
Architect