Re: PHP Web Auditing and Authorization

From: "Massa, Harald Armin" <chef(at)ghum(dot)de>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: Gabriel Dinis <gabriel(dot)dinis(at)vigiesolutions(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP Web Auditing and Authorization
Date: 2010-11-03 15:06:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Bill,

> We got this same kind of thing working by using PostgreSQL env variables.
> First, set custom_variable_classes in your postgresql.conf. You can then
> use the SET command to set variables of that class, and use them in your
> functions:
>
> that is an interesting hack. Just googled up

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/runtime-config-custom.html

and now I am wondering, where did you get your confidence that those
variables are bound to sessions and NOT bound to server instances? My
reading of that documentation let me stay in the assumption, those variables
are the same across server instances....

Harald
--
GHUM GmbH
Harald Armin Massa