Re: Linux

From: Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux
Date: 2010-11-05 00:02:57
Lists: pgsql-general

The choice depends more on what you want / need to have than what people
think you want / need.

If your corporation requires a support agreement, go either with Red Hat or
with SuSE (Novell).

If possible, have at least one of each of the above for a while -- one or
two years -- and see what is better in your environment.

I am more prone to use SuSE (SLES) as I have OpenSuSE on my laptop for years
now.

--
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>