Deferrable constraint checking with SAVEPOINT?

From: Mike Toews <mwtoews(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Deferrable constraint checking with SAVEPOINT?
Date: 2010-06-08 02:02:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a question that is not specified in the docs[1]. I am using
deferrable constraints in a transaction with SET CONSTRAINTS ALL
DEFERRED. Now I know that DEFERRED constraints are not checked until
transaction COMMIT (i.e., the end), however are they checked with
SAVEPOINT (i.e., part-way in)?

Thanks,

-Mike

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-set-constraints.html