[Pljava-dev] Compilation with both JDK 5 and JDK 6

From: muhammad(dot)mansoor at enterprisedb(dot)com (Muhammad Mansoor)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Compilation with both JDK 5 and JDK 6
Date: 2010-06-16 20:35:31
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

The attached patch takes care of the following issues.

1. It adds PostgreSQL 9.0 support.
2. It has the JDK support patch ( taken from *Petr Mich?lek original patch*
)
3. It enables PLjava to be compiled with both JDK 5 and JDK 6.

Enabling PLjava to compile with both JDK versions is little bit tricky. If
we have to compile with JDK 6 , we need to implement some extra JDBC API
methods, that are not there in the JDK 1.5. So by keeping the same code we
cannot compile it against both JDK versions.
So instead of having *org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc *directory, we will have
two directories i.e.

*org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc3 (have JDK 1.5 compliant implementation)*
*org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc4 ( have JDK 6 compliant implementation)*
*
*
When we run make it will generate a * **org/postgresql/pljava/jdbc *
directory* *based on target JDK. By default it will be JDK 1.5, if user
exports USE_JDK6 then will be build with JDK 6 compliant.
*
*

Thanks,
--