Re: Restore DataBase

From: Eric McKeeth <eldin00(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: ALEXANDER JOSE <aangelj(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: postgres admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Restore DataBase
Date: 2010-06-03 05:54:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 9:26 PM, ALEXANDER JOSE <aangelj(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> psql coon I'm trying to restore a database that has 60 GB in size, where
> there is a table with 38 million records, has raised 18 million records when
> the restore process fails on a syntax error, the backup was made with a
> file. sql as the best way I can do to restore??

It will be easier for people to help if you provide more info such as
postgres version, OS, how the backup was made, exact error message, etc.
But, if you're getting a syntax error, then my best guess would be that
either that you have a corrupt/incomplete backup, or that you're trying to
restore to a different version of postgres than you used to make the backup,
and the backup has syntax which would be valid for the version that made it,
but not for the version you're trying to restore to.

-Eric