Change the UI language of psql connection

From: Brodie Thiesfield <brofield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Change the UI language of psql connection
Date: 2010-09-13 03:17:18
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a PostgreSQL 8.4 database, installed with Japanese as the main
language. I am connecting from an English Windows 7 client using
psql.exe. Is there any way to change the UI of the messages shown to
me (e.g. the help, column headers from the \l command, etc) to
English?

I know that I can set the character encoding using \encoding, but this
is not the same. I want to change the UI language from ja_JP to en_US
(or similar).

I can't see anything in the psql documentation. Any ideas?

Regards,
Brodie