[Pljava-dev] Pljava-dev Digest, Vol 78, Issue 9

From: yazuna at gmail(dot)com (Krzysztof)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Pljava-dev Digest, Vol 78, Issue 9
Date: 2010-12-13 16:55:10
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello Luca,

If you mean XA capability which has been available in the standard
Postgres JDBC driver - then no, it is not available, i.e. there is no
trace of javax.sql.XADataSource interface implementation in plJava.

Plus, docs say:
The transaction cannot be managed in any way. Thus, you cannot use
methods on the connection like:
commit()
rollback()
setAutoCommit()
setTransactionIsolation()

One would have to have full control over transaction, so also access
to PG transactional layer, have a look at:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/privateapi/org/postgresql/xa/PGXAConnection.html
for what's needed to partake in global transactions.

Krzysztof