Re: postgresql failover

From: Ian Lea <ian(dot)lea(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: v(dot)tolstov(at)selfip(dot)ru
Cc: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql failover
Date: 2010-07-13 09:56:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/high-availability.html would
be a good place to start research. And the archives of this thread
would be another - there are recent messages about this sort of thing.
And google "postgres high availability" or equivalent.

I use slony but there are plenty of other options. See also the
not-yet-released version 9 of postgres with streaming replication.

--
Ian.