[Pljava-dev] Can't install pljava with Postgres 8.3 and Java 1.5 on WinXP Pro (for Adempiere 3.42s)

From: stefanscottalexx at gmail(dot)com (Stefan Scott Alexander)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Can't install pljava with Postgres 8.3 and Java 1.5 on WinXP Pro (for Adempiere 3.42s)
Date: 2010-06-09 06:28:17
Lists: pljava-dev

Thanks John.

I did try the Windows installer you mentioned:

http://www.adempiere.com/index.php/Windows_Installer

However, it gave an "erroneous" error message immediately after launching,
saying that the version of Postgres installed on the machine was earlier
than 8.1. This error message was wrong, since I had either:

- NO Postgres installed (because I assumed that the Windows installer would
include Postgres)

- later I had Postgres 8.3 installed.

The Windows installer quit immediately after displaying this message.