Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime

From: Piotr Gasidło <quaker(at)barbara(dot)eu(dot)org>
To: "A(dot) Kretschmer" <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime
Date: 2010-07-23 08:51:13
Lists: pgsql-general

2010/7/23 A. Kretschmer <andreas(dot)kretschmer(at)schollglas(dot)com>:
> Maybe cheaply or virtuell hardware?

Cheap - probably, I known processor, but don't know mainboard. It's
dedicated server. Maybe it has silent problems with time keeping.
Virtual - also yes. Postgresql run in separate vserver, but I've
executed psql also from that vserver, so there should be no
differences. But I'll try to test it without vserver.

> There are some issues with functions
> like gettimoofday(), see here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg01653.php
> (and the whole thread)