Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system

From: Christopher Farah <chriscfarah(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing PostgreSQL on Windows 7 64-bit system
Date: 2010-11-04 16:50:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I've read through numerous
forums<http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/2328.page>to get past
the following error "An error occurred executing the Microsoft
VC++ runtime installer".

As far as I can tell, the error can arise if user privileges are not
correctly set or if a firewall or anti-virus software is interrupting the
install. Having said that, I have tried a few work-arounds but need a
systematic way to get this installed. Please direct me to the correct forums
or troubleshooting required to install postgres.

Thanks a lot,

Chris