Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime

From: Piotr Gasidło <quaker(at)barbara(dot)eu(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Difference between EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ... total runtime and SELECT ... runtime
Date: 2010-07-22 21:20:45
Lists: pgsql-general

W dniu 22 lipca 2010 21:46 użytkownik Piotr Gasidło
<quaker(at)barbara(dot)eu(dot)org> napisał:
> W dniu 22 lipca 2010 21:34 użytkownik Szymon Guz <mabewlun(at)gmail(dot)com> napisał:
> (...)

Something new. The query is run against table which has been
partitioned into a lot of small tables.
When I combine data and put it into one table - the execution of
EXPLAIN ANALYZE compares with real SELECT timeing.

On paritioned:

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ...
Total runtime: 14.790 ms
Time: 291,637 ms

On one table with data from all partitions and same indexes:

EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT ...

Total runtime: 16.418 ms
Time: 17,371 ms

Can someone give me clue why EXPLAIN ANALYZE don't work correctly with
partitions?

--
Piotr Gasidło