Delaying Recovery

From: Selva manickaraja <mavles78(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Delaying Recovery
Date: 2011-02-14 03:19:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear All,

We had managed to setup and test the Continous Recovery of a secondary
machine. What we need to achieve is for it to recover as primary in the
event that primary fails. We know that we can use the "trigger_file" setting
to fail over. However we understand that sometimes network connection can be
intermittent and other factors which doesn't actually create a real "primary
down" situation. So for those kind of scenarios can we set something in the
configuration files like a time interval to wait before to fail-over. Has
PostgreSQL this feature?

Thank you.

Warmest Regards,

Selvan