Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008

From: deepak <deepak(dot)pn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building extensions on Windows using VS2008
Date: 2011-02-19 21:30:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the information..

However, I'm still unable to figure how to do a clean build of extensions on
Windows using VS 2008.

To start with, the main contrib module doesn't seem to have a
nmake-compatible Makefile, and
I don't seem to find any project under 'contrib' which has a
Windows-compatible build..

From the earlier command line I had posted, it appears that there's a
conflict between 'errcode'
defined in VS (crtdefs.h) and the one that PostgreSQL brings (utils/elog.h).

Specifically, here is the error:
\pgsql\include\server\utils/elog.h(118) : error C2365: 'errcode' :
redefinition; previous definition was 'typedef'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
Edition
- ENU\VC\INCLUDE\crtdefs.h(548) : see declaration of 'errcode'

--
Deepak