Re: Vacuum full progress

From: Carlos Henrique Reimer <carlos(dot)reimer(at)opendb(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Alban Hertroys <dalroi(at)solfertje(dot)student(dot)utwente(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum full progress
Date: 2010-09-05 11:09:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Alban,

The need for the vacuum full is because there were a problem with the daily
schedulled vacuum analyze and autovacuum regarding the max_fsm_pages. As it
was underestimated the vacuum process was not able to flag the pages to be
reused.

I've cancelled the vacuum full and will think another approach. Maybe a
CLUSTER can do the work. Will start a CLUSTER and see if I can check the
progress looking the size of the new table relfilenode. It will probably
have less than 102 GB.

Thank you!

--
Reimer
47-3347-1724 47-9183-0547 msn: carlos(dot)reimer(at)opendb(dot)com(dot)br