Re: fsm and vacuum

From: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS(dot)LITTLE(at)orbitz(dot)com>, PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fsm and vacuum
Date: 2010-12-03 15:25:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

I understand, but in this case, since the option is offered next to the safe
one, most people won't know it isn't safe.
I certainly didn't until I read this posting. I know generally what
vacuuming does, but I had no idea that postgres offered a potentially
damaging option. Also, PgAdmin sometimes tells me that a table needs
vacuuming, so it is already "advising" people in that area ...