file output via trigger/queue

From: Whit Armstrong <armstrong(dot)whit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: file output via trigger/queue
Date: 2010-09-22 17:35:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I am in a similar situation described by this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org/msg78604.html

I need to write a few xml files to be consumed by a vendor application
in real-time. The queue / (poll/cronjob) seems simple enough.

Before I commit I just wondered if anyone else had gone down this road
before. Perhaps with a solution more like:
http://lethargy.org/~jesus/writes/pg_amqp-slides-from-pgeast2010.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
Whit