Re: Missing Toast Chunk

From: Sam Nelson <samn(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing Toast Chunk
Date: 2010-08-19 23:04:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we also tried reindexing the toast table.

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> SNIP
>
> It's almost certainly not ruby's fault. Have they done anything
> strange like kill the instance and restart it without letting the db
> shut down? I'd tend to suspect Amazon's fsyncing is amiss and they
> did something that triggered it.
>
> --
> To understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

They haven't done anything like that, that we know of. However, they do
have a process that kills off all waiting (and only waiting) postgres
processes if there are more than 1000 locks. Could that be an issue?

If Amazon's fsyncing is the problem and they're doing something to trigger
it, how would we go about debugging that?