Old values in statement triggers?

From: Brian Hirt <bhirt(at)me(dot)com>
Subject: Old values in statement triggers?
Date: 2010-10-21 13:17:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Is it possible to reference the old values in a statement trigger using plpgsql? I'm looking for something similar to NEW and OLD that row triggers have, but I don' see anything @ http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/plpgsql-trigger.html which doesn't really offer any examples for statement triggers.

If what I'm looking for doesn't exist, are there any common workarounds that people use to find the set of updated/inserted/deleted rows?

Thanks in advance,

Brian