Re: Status of OIDs was: Re: select first occurrence of a table

From: Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey(at)proteus-tech(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Status of OIDs was: Re: select first occurrence of a table
Date: 2003-05-05 04:38:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Perhaps I came away with the wrong impression but I thought that built-in oids were going away. If
they are still there by default but it is optional to build tables without them then I think that is great.
My request was really just for a pointer to info about this - not necessarily to rehash reasons or
options.

thanx & later,

Ben Scherrey