Re: 'bitwise and' index

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com>
To: Lance Jacob <JacobLJ(at)familysearch(dot)org>, "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 'bitwise and' index
Date: 2015-03-20 17:33:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

From: pgsql-sql-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Lance Jacob
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:28 PM
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [SQL] 'bitwise and' index

I have an Oracle database that I migrated to Postgres. I've been successful with everything except the creation of one index. On the oracle side the index was created with the syntax "create index abc on xyz (bitand(column_name,16384))". What would be the proper syntax for creating a similar bitwise function-based index in Postgres? Or, is it even possible?

LanceJacob

Try:
create index abc on xyz (column_name & 16384);

Regards,
Igor Neyman