Re: Error: could not read symbolic link "pg_tblspc/940585". No such file or directory

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman(at)perceptron(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Drolet <droletguillaume(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error: could not read symbolic link "pg_tblspc/940585". No such file or directory
Date: 2015-02-05 14:04:30
Lists: pgsql-general

From: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Guillaume Drolet
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2015 8:29 AM
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org

Dear list users,
I moved a database from a tablespace I had created to pg_default using:
ALTER DATABASE mydatabase SET TABLESPACE pg_default;
After the database was fully copied to a new directory under PGDATA/base, I deleted the symbolic link to the old tablespace using (in Windows) rmdir PGDATA/pg_tblspc/940585. I chose to delete this now useless symlink because of an error when running pg_basebackup (something about a non-empty directory under the symlink).
Now, when I start pgAdmin and connect to my cluster, I get the following pop-up message (free translation from French):
An error has occurred:

ERROR: could not read symbolic link "pg_tblspc/940585": No such file or directory.
If I click OK on the pop-up, the connection is made and everything looks good (i.e. I can access my databases, tables, etc.). My question is: where do I have to look to delete a reference to this obsolete symbolic link/tablespace in pgAdmin or PGSQL?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Guillaume

You probably, still have your tablespace that you created, which now using non-existing symbolic link.
Before deleting windows symbolic link, you should have dropped tablespace you created. Try dropping it now.
Regards,
Igor Neyman