Re: Invalid Page Header Error

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "Carlo Curatolo *EXTERN*" <genamiga(at)brutele(dot)be>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Invalid Page Header Error
Date: 2013-10-16 07:55:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Carlo Curatolo wrote:
> When I lauch a vacuumdb, I have an error : ERREUR: en-tête de page invalide
> dans le bloc 39639 de la relation base/16384/599662
>
> With a
> SELECT * FROM pg_catalog.pg_largeobject
>
> Result is
> ERREUR: en-tête de page invalide dans le bloc 39639 de la relation
> base/16384/599662
>
> I suppose that the data of LargeObject 599662 are corrupted...

That is not the OID of a large object, but of a table.

What do you get for
SELECT oid, relname, relkind FROM pg_class WHERE relfilenode = 599662;

> Question is : How I could I know where this LargeObject is used ?
>
> I can, of course, use the "zero_damaged_pages = on" option in
> postgresql.conf. Then dump/restore.
> But in this case I didn't know where this corrupted LargeObject is used...

That could result in *all* your large objects or something else
to get destroyed...

You have some kind of data corruption.
Have there been any crashes or unusual occurrences lately?

The best thing would be to check your hardware thoroughly
and restore the database from a backup.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe