Re: DBT5 execution failed due to undefined symbol: PQescapeLiteral

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: amul sul <sul_amul(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "osdldbt-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net" <osdldbt-general(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: DBT5 execution failed due to undefined symbol: PQescapeLiteral
Date: 2013-08-16 07:26:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

amul sul wrote:
> I am trying to run DBT5 to test performance of PG9.2.4,
>
> But execution failed due to undefined symbol: PQescapeLiteral error in <output_dir>/bh/bh.out
>
> Full error as follow:
[...]
> BrokerageHouseMain: symbol lookup error: BrokerageHouseMain: undefined symbol: PQescapeLiteral
>
> Environment :
>
> CentOS 6.4(Final)
> PG installed using source code
>
> DBT5 is cloned from http://github.com/petergeoghegan/dbt5.git
> also tried with http://git.code.sf.net/p/osdldbt/dbt repo with pg9.0
>
> same error occur when used with PG9.0,PG9.1 PG9.3beta2

That is a problem on the client side.

I guess that your binary was built and linked with PostgreSQL client library (libpq)
from version 9.0 or later, but you are trying to run it with a libpq.so
from version 8.4 or earlier (where PQescapeLiteral was not defined).

In that case you should upgrade the PostgreSQL client.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe