Re: Reset permissions on table

From: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "etienne(dot)champetier(at)free(dot)fr *EXTERN*" <etienne(dot)champetier(at)free(dot)fr>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reset permissions on table
Date: 2013-02-15 12:25:14
Lists: pgsql-general

etienne champetier wrote:
> By default there is no permissions on table (\dp return 0 row)
> If I make a GRANT, doing a REVOKE will not get me in the 'default' state
>
> How to return in the default state, where permission are 'inherited' from owner.

\dp should return a row for each table in
your search_path.

I assume that you are referring to the empty
"Access privileges" column.

After granting and revoking a privilege, the value
showd be "owner=arwdDxt/owner" (where "owner" is
the user that owns the table).

This is the default value: the owner has all
privileges and nobody else has any.

It does not matter if the ACL is left empty
(it contains a NULL value initially) or if
it contains the default explicitly.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe