Re: removing tsearch2

From: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)berkus(dot)org>, Cynthia Shang <cynthia(dot)shang(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <Jim(dot)Nasby(at)bluetreble(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Vladimir Rusinov <vrusinov(at)google(dot)com>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Subject: Re: removing tsearch2
Date: 2017-02-17 17:45:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Feb 17, 2017, at 12:54 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> If we could somehow integrate PGXN with both the RPM build process, the DEB build process and a Windows build process (whether driven by PGXN or just "fed enough data" by PGXN is a different question), I think that would go a long way towards the goal.

My thought was that someone could rsync the PGXN repo every hour or something and build any new modules there. That’s how the search site is built: Every five minutes, it rsyncs rsync://master.pgxn.org/pgxn, parses the output to see new releases, and updates the index.

> Also being able to use this somehow to drive continuous builds and tests (kind of like a buildfarm-lite for a subset of platforms) would be useful for reaching a point where extensions outside of core can come at least close to what we deliver in core.

Personally I just use Travis and Coveralls on GitHub for that sort of thing.

Best,

David