Re: Authentication in batch processing

From: Hal Lynch <hal(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: Postgress Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Authentication in batch processing
Date: 2002-07-10 15:49:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday, July 10, 2002, at 08:54 AM, Kevin Brannen wrote:

Stuff deleted

> The order I would propose would be: env-var, command-line, STDIN,
> interactive prompt if we have a tty. Reorder as you see fit.

To the above list I would add a .psql (or something) file in
the home dir of the person running psql with 600 perms of
course. In this file you could have a password or perhaps
an alternate username/password pair. Might also be a good
place for those psql environment settings you always use.

hal