pgAdmin crashes after network connection changes

From: Christoph Schreiber <schreiber(at)netzwerge(dot)de>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin crashes after network connection changes
Date: 2016-08-09 07:23:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have the problem, that pgadmin3 (1.22.1) crashes reproducibly when the client computer changes the network connection. I saw in the change log (2016-02-16), that this issue was addressed before, but still remains (maybe in a slightly different way).

If I start pgadmin (on Windows 7/8.1/ or 10) and make a connect to my database, everything works fine. If I then start a VPN connection make some other work (e.g. open a RDP-connection or whatever) close the VPN connection and try to work with pgadmin again, it crashes.
It's not the problem that pgadmin doesn't work while my VPN connection is active. It crashes when I close the connection, regardless of working with pgadmin while the VPN connection is active or not.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks and kind regards
Christoph Schreiber