Wanted: way to limit logging

From: "Jeff Boes" <jboes(at)nexcerpt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Wanted: way to limit logging
Date: 2001-10-10 17:58:06
Lists: pgsql-admin

We've enabled logging from our database during development, using the
option -l on the pg_ctl command. However, we get a lot of useless data:

NOTICE: InvalidateSharedInvalid: cache state reset

shows up a lot, and whenever an INSERT statement is executed, we get the
statement as well as all the values. Is there a way to reduce the
information spewed to the log? Ideally, we'd like to see only ERROR and
DEBUG messages, not NOTICE; for statements, we'd like to see the SQL
code, but have no interest in the values actually applied (some of our
INSERT statements receive 10K of data).

--
Jeff Boes vox 616.226.9550
Database Engineer fax 616.349.9076