Re: Authorization problem

From: "Pedro Fonseca" <pedro(dot)fonseca(at)netcabo(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Authorization problem
Date: 2001-10-05 16:56:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Possibly setting restrictive permissions on the socket file is the way
> to go (see the unix_socket parameters in postgresql.conf). pg_hba will
> certainly not help you here, but if you can set up an /etc/group entry
> with only the authorized users as its members, you're set.

Hi Tom, thanks for replying!

You mean there's no way to do this in pg_hba.conf? Geez, incredible...

Am I looking the wrong way here? How is it for everyone that hasn't got
TCP/IP PostgreSQL connections and passwords enabled? Can every user in those
systems connect to every database as any PostgreSQL user? I mean, this is
what the 'trust' AUTHTYPE does! Isn't this a bad thing?

Pedro Fonseca (pedro(dot)fonseca(at)iscte(dot)pt)
Mob.: (+351)964598357
http://www.pedrofonseca.com
ADETTI/ISCTE (Instituto Superior de Cincias do Trabalho e da Empresa)