Re: HOWTO? Permissions for user to access a single db

From: Rob Sargent <robjsargent(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HOWTO? Permissions for user to access a single db
Date: 2023-02-13 23:41:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/13/23 16:14, Damian Carey wrote:
> Thx Tom
>
> Fine advice that I will follow up.
>
> One tiny thing without wasting (too much) more of your time.
>
> In the working "promiscuous" version they get access the VPS as the
> same linux user that my product is running on, and superuser PG access.
>
> In the failed version their SSH login is as a different and very
> limited linux user, as well as their own postgres user name.
>
> Still on a "permissions" theme ... is their any glaring issues that
> are required to provide a random linux user with permissions to access
> a DB?
>
> (FYI every few years you graciously help me like this and I'm well
> aware of our skill difference and the vague questions I regurgitate.
> Kudos.)

I should wait for Tom to respond...

What was the create user command?

Or are you talking about the following?

GRANT { { CREATE | CONNECT | TEMPORARY | TEMP } [, ...] | ALL [ PRIVILEGES ] }
ON DATABASE/|database_name|/ [, ...]
TO/|role_specification|/ [, ...] [ WITH GRANT OPTION ]
[ GRANTED BY/|role_specification|/ ]