Re: real multi-master replication?

From: "hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Steve Atkins" <steve(at)blighty(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: real multi-master replication?
Date: 2007-03-05 08:00:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3/5/07, Steve Atkins <steve(at)blighty(dot)com> wrote:
> I don't believe there is, or can be, any asynchronous multi-master
> replication system for any database that will work with all possible
> general purpose constructs.

but i dont insist on async. if there is multi-master replication for
postgresql it would be great if it would be sync.

> Given that, you might need to be more specific about your
> needs (and rethink your application architecture based on the
> reality of the issue), unless the constraints of synchronous
> replication work for you particular problem space.

i dont have a project (at the moment) that would require multi-master.
i'm just checking my options - as in original mail: i heard a lot of
"multi-master replication systems", but all of them seem to replicate
queries, and not data. which is unacceptable for me.

depesz