Java Access to Postgresql

From: Dennis Muhlestein <dennis(at)zserve(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Java Access to Postgresql
Date: 2001-05-16 16:55:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Being new to postresql, I'm looking in to different ways of accessing the
database from java.

I'm interested in accessing postgres through a jdbc driver. The
driver from postgres does not seem to be fully implemented
(ie: Updatable ResultSets).

I've also tried configuring an odbc datasource and then using sun's
jdbc-odbc bridge. I'm not having much more luck with this approach.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to access
a postgres database from java?

Thanks in Advance.