Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: John Morris <john(dot)morris(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bohdan Mart <mart(dot)bogdan(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "postgres(at)coyotebush(dot)net" <postgres(at)coyotebush(dot)net>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Subject: Re: Where can I find the doxyfile?
Date: 2024-02-06 21:27:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05.02.24 18:29, John Morris wrote:
> The purpose of the filter is to bring existing Postgres comments into
> the doxygen output. While I haven’t done a full survey, the majority of
> Postgres code has comments describing functions, globals, macros and
> structure fields.
>
> Currently, those comments are thrown away. They do not appear in the
> existing Doxygen output.

Maybe this is something that can be tweaked on the doxygen side?

For example, clangd can also process doxygen-style comments. But it can
also process non-decorated comments, because it knows that the comment
just before a declaration is probably the comment describing the thing.
Maybe doxygen could have that functionality as well.