Clustering with PostgreSQL?

From: "Bob McCormick" <bobm(at)rwmccormick(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Clustering with PostgreSQL?
Date: 2001-04-16 17:48:27
Lists: pgsql-general

All,

I'm wondering if PostgreSQL is capable of being setup in a clustering
configuration like one can setup for MSSQL server? We are seriously
considering a move to PostgreSQL, but this is probably the only item I
haven't seen available. We are setting up an ASP-based website and need to
have a seriously fault tolerant backend in place.

Any thoughts or comments regarding the 'appropriate' or 'recommended' type
of configuration for such a system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Bobbo ;-)

Bob McCormick
Intuitive Software Technology