2 instance of postgres service running against same db files?

From: "Arnaldo Gandol" <agacode(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 2 instance of postgres service running against same db files?
Date: 2007-05-25 17:56:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Can I have 2 instance of postgres service running against same db???. I
meant 2 machine or the same machine with a 2 running executing postgres
process (if it is in the same machine, then through different ports),
working with the same db files, may be in a shared storage or any common
mounted file system. Any other variant? How?

Im sorry because of my english. I speak spanish.

thanks...