Limiting USAGE to only certain objects within a schema

From: Chris <pglist(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Limiting USAGE to only certain objects within a schema
Date: 2005-01-10 22:40:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Basically what I want is to limit a user to not being able to view
certain tables within a schema, in this case the public schema. Say
we have 300 tables in a database but a particular user only needs
access to 3 of them. I don't really want them to even be able to view
all the other tables. Using separate databases isn't possible because
a web application running under mod perl needs access to all the
tables, and I don't want to keep a pool of persistant connections open
for 300+ databases.

I would rather avoid using schema's to do this if I can, but I think
that's the only way to get what I want.

Chris