Re: Cleaning up ERRCODE usage in our XML code

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cleaning up ERRCODE usage in our XML code
Date: 2024-09-23 11:19:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 20 Sep 2024, at 21:00, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> I wrote:
>> [ v1-clean-up-errcodes-for-xml.patch ]
>
> Per cfbot, rebased over d5622acb3. No functional changes.

Looking over these I don't see anything mis-characterized so +1 on going ahead
with these. It would be neat if we end up translating xml2 errors into XQuery
Error SQLSTATEs but this is a clear improvement over what we have until then.

There is an ERRCODE_INTERNAL_ERROR in xml_out_internal() which seems a tad odd
given that any error would be known to be parsing related and b) are caused by
libxml and not internally. Not sure if it's worth bothering with but with the
other ones improved it stood out.

--
Daniel Gustafsson